Please send position announcements to:
- Announcements will be posted for a maximum of three months.
- Once a position is filled, please notify us.
- Send your document in as a Word file.
- This benefit is only available to active NYACTE members; check the "Member Institutions" link on the menu bar to see if you are eligible.
(most recent announcements on top)
COLLEGE OF MOUNT SAINT VINCENT
CHAIRPERSON OF TEACHER EDUCATION
The College of Mount Saint Vincent invites innovative and creative applicants for the tenure track position of Assistant/ Associate Professor and Chair of Teacher Education effective August 2018. The ideal candidate will have an earned doctorate in childhood education or a related field as well as a strong record of teaching and leadership experience in diverse collegiate and elementary school settings. Strong consideration will be given to candidates with dual preparation (Childhood and Special Education or Childhood and ESL). Experience with assessment and accreditation is a critical requirement of this position.
Responsibilities of this position include daily administration and oversight of teacher certification programs on the undergraduate and graduate levels ensuring compliance with state, federal and accreditor mandates and standards; completion of internal, state, federal and accreditation reports; program development reflective of the needs of K-12 settings; supervision of faculty and staff ; collaboration with faculty and department chairs from various disciplines; cultivation of existing partnerships and creation of new clinical sites; teaching and advising students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Workload distribution is 50% teaching and 50% administrative during the academic year. Terms of appointment and salary are commensurate with credentials and experience.
- An earned doctorate in childhood education or related field
- Minimum of five years fulltime teaching experience at the elementary level
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the collegiate level
- Leadership experience in higher education
- Experience with assessment and accreditation systems
- Proven track record of supervision of student teachers
- Ability to teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses
- Record of scholarship reflective of rank
- Experience with preparing teacher candidates for the edTPA and certification exams
- Knowledge of NYSED teacher licensure requirements
- Knowledge of Title II reporting
- Successful experience with program development
- Experience with integration of educational technology and development of online learning
- Record of developing partnerships between higher education and K-12 public education
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical, liberal arts college with approximately 1,300 undergraduate students and 225 graduate students. The College is located in Riverdale, NY, just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan, on a beautiful 70-acre campus overlooking the Hudson River.
Send your curriculum vitae, cover letter, teaching philosophy, two letters of recommendations and three additional references who can speak to your professional qualifications to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Posted February 6, 2018